Help us make food transparency the norm!
As a non-profit organization, we depend on your donations to continue informing consumers around the world about what they eat.
The food revolution starts with you !
Matching with your preferences
Green chiles, water, salt, citric acid, calcium chloride.
Elements that indicate the product is in the 3 - Processed foods group:
- Category: Meals
- Ingredient: Salt
Food products are classified into 4 groups according to their degree of processing:
- Unprocessed or minimally processed foods
- Processed culinary ingredients
- Processed foods
- Ultra processed foods
The determination of the group is based on the category of the product and on the ingredients it contains.
E330 - Citric acid
Citric acid is a natural organic acid found in citrus fruits such as lemons, oranges, and limes.
It is widely used in the food industry as a flavor enhancer, acidulant, and preservative due to its tart and refreshing taste.
Citric acid is safe for consumption when used in moderation and is considered a generally recognized as safe (GRAS) food additive by regulatory agencies worldwide.
Details of the analysis of the ingredients
: Green chiles, water, salt, citric acid, calcium chloride
- Green chiles -> en:green-chili-pepper - vegan: yes - vegetarian: yes - percent_min: 20 - percent_max: 100
- water -> en:water - vegan: yes - vegetarian: yes - percent_min: 0 - percent_max: 50
- salt -> en:salt - vegan: yes - vegetarian: yes - percent_min: 0 - percent_max: 33.3333333333333
- citric acid -> en:e330 - vegan: yes - vegetarian: yes - percent_min: 0 - percent_max: 25
- calcium chloride -> en:e509 - vegan: yes - vegetarian: yes - percent_min: 0 - percent_max: 20
Very good nutritional quality
⚠️ Warning: the amount of fruits, vegetables and nuts is not specified on the label, it was estimated from the list of ingredients: 60
This product is not considered a beverage for the calculation of the Nutri-Score.
Positive points: 4
- Proteins: 0 / 5 (value: 0, rounded value: 0)
- Fiber: 3 / 5 (value: 2.9, rounded value: 2.9)
- Fruits, vegetables, nuts, and colza/walnut/olive oils: 1 / 5 (value: 60, rounded value: 60)
Negative points: 3
- Energy: 0 / 10 (value: 121, rounded value: 121)
- Sugars: 0 / 10 (value: 2.86, rounded value: 2.86)
- Saturated fat: 0 / 10 (value: 0, rounded value: 0)
- Sodium: 3 / 10 (value: 314, rounded value: 314)
The points for proteins are counted because the negative points are less than 11.
Nutritional score: -1 (3 - 4)
Fat in low quantity (0%)
What you need to know
- A high consumption of fat, especially saturated fats, can raise cholesterol, which increases the risk of heart diseases.
Recommendation: Limit the consumption of fat and saturated fat
- Choose products with lower fat and saturated fat content.
Sugars in low quantity (2.86%)
What you need to know
- A high consumption of sugar can cause weight gain and tooth decay. It also augments the risk of type 2 diabetes and cardio-vascular diseases.
Recommendation: Limit the consumption of sugar and sugary drinks
- Sugary drinks (such as sodas, fruit beverages, and fruit juices and nectars) should be limited as much as possible (no more than 1 glass a day).
- Choose products with lower sugar content and reduce the consumption of products with added sugars.
Salt in moderate quantity (0.785%)
What you need to know
- A high consumption of salt (or sodium) can cause raised blood pressure, which can increase the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Many people who have high blood pressure do not know it, as there are often no symptoms.
- Most people consume too much salt (on average 9 to 12 grams per day), around twice the recommended maximum level of intake.
Recommendation: Limit the consumption of salt and salted food
- Reduce the quantity of salt used when cooking, and don't salt again at the table.
- Limit the consumption of salty snacks and choose products with lower salt content.
Nutrition facts As sold
for 100 g / 100 ml
per serving (1 PEPPER (35 g))
Compared to: Stews Energy 121 kj
-71% Fat 0 g 0 g -100% Saturated fat ? ? Trans fat 0 g 0 g -100% Carbohydrates 2.86 g 1 g -74% Sugars 2.86 g 1 g +49% Fiber 2.9 g 1.01 g +41% Proteins 0 g 0 g -100% Salt 0.785 g 0.275 g -16% Vitamin A 0 µg 0 µg -100% Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 17.1 mg 5.99 mg +1,576% Calcium 57 mg 19.9 mg +178% Iron 1.03 mg 0.361 mg +13% Fruits‚ vegetables‚ nuts and rapeseed‚ walnut and olive oils (estimate from ingredients list analysis) 60 % 60 %
Eco-Score not computed - Unknown environmental impact
We could not compute the Eco-Score of this product as it is missing some data, could you help complete it?Could you add a precise product category so that we can compute the Eco-Score? Add a category
Origins of ingredients
Missing origins of ingredients information
⚠️ The origins of the ingredients of this product are not indicated.
If they are indicated on the packaging, you can modify the product sheet and add them.
If you are the manufacturer of this product, you can send us the information with our free platform for producers.Add the origins of ingredients for this product Add the origins of ingredients for this product